Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nanny Hazel and Tiny Judi

I received an email this morning from my wonderful Aunt Jo up in Michigan. She commented on the interesting name for Nanny Hazel. Nanny Hazel is indeed named for my two grandmothers. My Grandma (my Mom's mom) was always called Nanny or Little Grandma. She was not very tall. My Great Grandma was called Big Grandma as she was taller than Little Grandma. Her first name was Hazel. Confusing I know, But it worked. So here is Big Grandma and Grandpa many many years ago.







Here is a picture of Nanny Hazel, who will be taking care of Bub in the Laurel house.











About a year ago, I purchased a 'grab box' from a seller on eBay. I received a sweet little doll in the assortment. Now, up until this point I had not even considered putting dolls in my houses. I have never been much of a doll person. This little one changed my way of thinking. I named her Tiny Judi. I think you will understand after you look at the next two photos.





So there is the story behind my namings. This one is for you Aunt Jo!!

No comments: