Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Afternoon


Today being Sunday and a chilly rainy day at that, it seems appropriate for everyone in the house to take a little nap. Nanny Hazel put Bub down for one a little earlier.
Since hubby was napping on the couch, I decided to grab a little shut-eye on the bed. I wasn't in there very long when I heard something odd and came out to take a look. I found Nanny sitting on the bench in the entry of her house. Just sitting, admiring the newely painted swinging door to her kitchen.




Figuring she was just admiring the doors, I headed back down the hall to try and get that nap I so dearly wanted. I no sooner began to fall into dreamland when hubby awakens me. "Umm honey, you'd better get up and come and look at this" was my sweet awakening. Wondering what the cats have possibly gotten into now, I sling my legs over then edge and slump down the hall into the livingroom. "What?" I asked, not seeing anything strange in the room. "Over here" he replies. I walk into my little crafting room right off of the livingroom and here is what I find.


"What are you doing Nanny?" I asked. She simply looked at me and said "Well you gonna stand there with your mouth open gawkin' at me or you gonna give me a hand with this dang wall?" I rushed over to give her a hand. She had already gotten the floor piece and the front wall pulled up. When we got it up on the table she sat down on here bench. "I'm plum tuckered out from that." When I asked her why she was hauling the walls up, she said she wanted to get a better look at her kitchen. She said the blue sink was not going to work. I told her that it hasn't been painted yet and it will look wonderful when I am done. She didn't look convinced. She asked again about the roosters. I told her to be patient. She apparently feels she is too old to be patient. She also wants some red in there. Told me she would let me know what she wanted red when she decided. This gal is a handful let me tell ya.

No comments: